Punch sets are ideal for punching neat holes in a variety of materials. Whether in textiles, woodworking or metalworking, a set of punch tools allows the operator to drive objects into the material, or form an impression on a workpiece. Sharp at one end, and hardened and flat at the other, a punch can be used with a hammer to achieve the desired results.
The RS range of punch sets includes several different types to suit your needs, from our own brand RS PRO and also well-known brands such as Bahco, Stanley, Gedore and Facom to name a few:
- Centre Punch- A common type of punch with a semi blunted end. This is typically used to mark a centre for drilling in a piece. By creating a small recess for the drill bit to rest in, the drill is assured a greater chance of staying on course.
- Drift Punch - Sometimes referred to as a pokey, this punching tool is often used for enlarging previously made holes. It can also be used for aligning holes prior to bolting.
- Parallel Pin Punch - A parallel pin punch is often employed to remove pins from mechanical assemblies. When a pin is too tight to remove by hand, the correctly sized parallel pin punch can be employed to drive it loose.
- Spring Pin Punch - Spring pin punches are used for removing roll pins, a type of mechanical fastener. For this reason, spring pin punches are also called roll pin punches and are specially shaped to remove roll pins without causing damage or becoming jammed.
- Wad Punch - Have interchangeable heads and are used to cut accurate circles into textile materials. They can even be used on thin metal to make washers.
- Anti-Vibration - With a shock-absorbing rubber handle, this punch not only offers the user maximum safety and comfort but also prevents clipping.