Cable spiral wrap is a type of expandable tube that conveniently and easily provides a way to protect and organise cables. They are available in a range of sizes and multiple sizes to suit the environment and bundles it is used with.
Why should I use it?
It is important to protect wires and hoses as it can increase a product's lifespan and reduce the risk of accidental tripping.
Spiral wrap is available in many different materials and selected depending on the application. The main uses for each material include:
- Metal detectable PE – For use in food and beverage production industry.
- Nylon – Abrasion resistant and self-extinguishing.
- Polyethylene (PE) – Cost effective material. A flame retardant version is available.
- Polypropylene (PP) – Halogen free and self-extinguishing
- PTFE – For high-temperature applications with the widest operating temperature range.
Features and Benefits
- Quick and easy to use
- Cables can be branched out at any point
- Available in various colour and sizes
It is commonly used for:
- Office environments to organise wires from computers
- Bundle hoses together in an automotive application
- Prevent pets chewing cables.